Phillies Press Release
Phillies to remember, salute nation's heroes with patriotic tribute on 9/11
WHAT: Wednesday's Phillies-Padres game will feature a special tribute - both prior and throughout the game - to commemorate the anniversary of September 11, 2001.
PATRIOT DAY SALUTE, On-Field
- State Flags Presentation: Featuring local police and firemen who will carry out the 50 state flags onto the field.
- National Anthem: Sung by Senior Airmen Eric Anderson, USAF.
- America the Beautiful: Sung by TSGT Karen Blackburn, USAF.
- Color Guard: An All-Service Military Color Guard, members of the Philadelphia Police Department Ceremonial Color Guard and Philadelphia Fire Department Color Guard.
- Ceremonial Base Change: Representing Firefighters, Battalion Chief Charles Klink; Representing Police, Officer Paul Bryant with police dog, Deeohgee.
- God Bless America: Performed by Officer Nate Fulton, Philadelphia Police Department.
- Hamels' Heroes: Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels will meet with members of the Liberty USO of PA and South Jersey, prior to the game.
- Special lineup cards and base jewels will be used to commemorate the anniversary of September 11.
- All on-field personnel, including players, coaches and umpires, will wear an American flag patch embroidered on the side of their caps.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Pregame ceremony: 6:50 p.m.
Ceremonial Base Change: 3rd Inning
WHERE: Field, Citizens Bank Park