6/13/2013 1:50 P.M. ET
Angels return home Friday to begin 10-game home stand against New York, Seattle and Pittsburgh
By / MLB.com
The Angels return home for a 10-game home stand beginning with a three-game series against the New York Yankees tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. The sixth home stand of the season includes a four-game series against the Seattle Mariners (Monday, June 17 – Thursday, June 20) and concludes Sunday, June 23 after a three-game set against the Pittsburgh Pirates (Friday, June 21 – Sunday, June 23). Below is a look at the promotions, giveaways and notable festivities/ceremonies taking place at Angel Stadium during the home stand.
- On June 14 and June 21, the Angels will hold the sixth and seventh Big Bang Fridays of the season at Angel Stadium presented by Wells Fargo. At the conclusion of the games, fans will enjoy a spectacular fireworks display.
- Live Music in the Garden sessions will also continue this home stand from 5:30 – 6:45 p.m. prior to games with Bristol to Memory performing on June 14 and ProgKnowSys taking the stage on June 21.
- Father’s Day, June 16 and Sunday, June 23 are Family Sundays at Angel Stadium, presented by Denny’s. Dads and their families are invited to take part in the Father’s Day and Family Sunday festivities at Angel Stadium. The Family Sunday area at Angel Stadium is located beneath the Right Field Pavilion and features fun activities for the entire family. As part of Denny’s Family Sundays, children ages 5-12 are welcome down to the field after the game to run the bases presented by Pizza Hut.
- On Saturday, June 22, the Angels are kicking off their 2013 Summer Concert Series presented by Budweiser with Big & Rich taking the stage at Angel Stadium. At the conclusion of the game, fans are invited to stay and enjoy one of country music’s most entertaining vocal duos. Since bursting onto the country music scene in 2003, the duo has produced successful studio albums and popular hits, including the triple platinum album “Horse of a Different Color” and the Top 40 track “Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)”. For more information, visit angels.com/concerts.
GIVEAWAYS (While Supplies Last)
- Saturday, June 15: Angels Drawstring Backpack presented by Nitto Tire.
- Sunday, June 16: Salute to Mariano Rivera Commemorative Certificate.
- Tuesday, June 18: Mike Trout Fish Hats presented by FreeCreditScore.com.
- Thursday, June 20: C.J. Wilson Bobblehead Night, courtesy of Chevron Extra Mile.
- Friday, June 21: Peter Bourjos/Mike Trout Poster
- The Angels will hold a pregame ceremony on June 15 honoring Yankees closer and all-time career saves leader, Mariano Rivera. Rivera, 43, announced he will be retiring at season’s end after a career that has spanned three decades and included five World Series titles and 12 All-Star selections.
- Major League Baseball, the Prostate Cancer Foundation and Stand Up To Cancer are teaming up for the 17th annual Prostate Cancer Foundation “Home Run Challenge” to raise funds for research and increase awareness of prostate cancer. During the “Home Run Challenge”, fans can make a monetary pledge for each home run hit during all scheduled MLB games from Tuesday, June 11 through Father’s Day, June 16.
- On Father’s Day, MLB players, coaches, umpires and on-field personnel will wear blue wristbands and blue ribbon uniform decals.
- On Monday, June 17, the Angels are holding a pregame ceremony honoring Women in Baseball as a part of Women in Baseball Night. 2013 marks the 70th anniversary of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League (AAGPBL), which made its debut in 1943 and lasted until 1954. During the league’s 11-year span, over 600 women participated in the AAGPBL. Katie Horstman, who played in the AAGPBL from 1951-1954 and has a permanent display at the Women in Baseball exhibit at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Also being honored in the pre-game festivities are former AAGPBL players Maybelle Blair, Shirley Berkovich, Mary Moore and Marge “Pancho” Villa and “League of Their Own” actresses Patti Pelton, Megan Cavanagh, Ann Cusack, Anne Ramsay, Lori Petty, Tracy Reiner and Bitty Schram.
- Major League Baseball and ‘PEOPLE’ magazine have teamed up to honor the nation’s veterans and military service members as part of the “Tribute for Heroes” campaign. MLB and ‘PEOPLE’ magazine have announced 90 finalists, three per MLB club, with one winner from each of the 30 MLB Clubs to be included in All-Star Week festivities leading up to the 2013 All-Star Game at Citi Field on July 16 on FOX. On June 18, the Angels are holding a pre-game ceremony recognizing the team’s three finalists: Kevin Burciaga of Upland, Calif., Cory Kamerschak of Lancaster, Calif. and Ryan Canada of Groton, Conn. Fans are encouraged to visit TributeForHeroes.com to view the full list of finalists and to vote on their favorite stories through June 30.
- Friday, June 21 is Law Enforcement Night at Angel Stadium. Prior to the game, the Angels will observe a moment of silence in honor of Riverside Police Officer Michael Crain and San Bernadino County Sheriff’s Deputy Jeremiah MacKay, who lost their lives in the Christopher Dorner case. As part of Law Enforcement Night, the Angels are also holding a ‘Top Cop’ ceremony, recognizing San Bernadino County Sheriff’s Deputy Alex Collins and Riverside Police Officer Andrew Tachias for their bravery and service during the largest manhunt in Southern California history.
- The yearbook edition of Angel Magazine, the official game publication of Angels Baseball, features a cover photo of Angels reliever Ernesto Frieri and is now available for purchase at merchandise stands throughout Angel Stadium.
- Features in the latest issue include: Southern California’s impact on fostering baseball talent, Q&A with General Manager Jerry Dipoto, Angels in the Community, Broadcasters Roundtable with Angels Broadcasters, Q&A with Angels Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration, Molly Jolly and Erick Aybar on his World Baseball Classic experience.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.