7/18/2013 7:17 P.M. ET
Angels open second half of the season Friday with a six-game homestand against Oakland and Minnesota
By / MLB.com
The Angels kick off the second half of the season with a six-game homestand beginning Friday at 7:05 p.m. vs. the A.L. West leading Oakland Athletics. The eighth homestand of the season concludes Wednesday, July 24th after a three-game set against the Minnesota Twins (Monday, July 22 - Wednesday, July 24). Below is a look at the promotions, giveaways and notable events/ceremonies taking place at Angel Stadium during the homestand.
- Friday, July 19th is the ninth Big Bang Friday of the season at Angel Stadium presented by Wells Fargo. At the conclusion of the game, fans are invited to stay and enjoy a spectacular fireworks display.
- Live Music in the Garden, presented by Budweiser, will also continue this homestand with Pilot Touhill taking the stage from 5:30 - 6:45 p.m. at the Gate One Music Garden before Friday night's game.
- On Saturday, July 20th, Billy Currington will take over the Big A following the Angels/A's game in the second of four concerts as part of Angel Stadium's summer concert series presented by Budweiser. Since signing with Mercury Nashville Records in 2003, Currington has sold over eleven million units and two million records, while producing three platinum tracks and six number one hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. For tickets and more information on the Angels Summer Concert Series, visit angels.com/concerts.
- Sunday, July 21st is a Family Sunday at Angel Stadium, presented by Denny's. Families are invited to take part in the Family Sunday fun and activities at the Family Sunday area located beneath the Right Field Pavilion. As part of Denny's Family Sundays, children ages 5-12 are welcome down to the field after the game to run the bases, which is presented by Pizza Hut.
GIVEAWAYS (While Supplies Last)
- Upon entrance to the game on Tuesday, July 23rd, fans will receive a Surfing Rally Monkey Plush, courtesy of Yokohama Tire.
- The Angels Wives and members of the Anaheim Firefighter's Association invite fans to participate in their "Fill the Boot" fundraiser on July 20th benefitting the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Orange County. The Angels Wives and the Anaheim Firefighter's Association will be collecting cash and coins from 4 p.m. through the second inning outside the gates of Angel Stadium. They will be presenting the funds raised to MDA during a pre-game ceremony on July 23rd - the Angels' 4 ALS night.
- On July 21st, Angel season ticket holders are invited down to the playing field/warning track to take photos of their favorite Angels as part of on-field photo day at Angel Stadium. Angel players and coaches will be walking around the warning track and available to fans from 11-11:30 a.m. before the Halos take on Oakland at 12:35 p.m. Fans participating in on-field photo day are encouraged to enter the stadium and walk down to the warning track via the side gates at both foul pole areas. No autographs or personal photographs will be permitted.
- The Angels have partnered with the Baseball Tomorrow Fund for their sixth annual Equipment Drive on July 21st, sponsored by Chevrolet, the Official Ride of Angels Baseball. Fans are encouraged to bring new or used gloves, bats, balls and any other equipment to the ballpark and drop them off at any of the donation bins located at Gates 1, 4 and the Home Plate Gate. Volunteers from local Little Leagues will be manning the collection bins from 11 a.m. through the second inning. Monetary donations will also be accepted. The Angels and the Baseball Tomorrow Fund will be holding an on-field ceremony to recognize the Equipment Drive recipients and present two local Little Leagues or Softball Leagues with a grant to help purchase new equipment.
- The Angels will hold a special pre-game on-field ceremony on July 22nd to recognize the RBI League or "Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities" teams and participants. The Angels RBI league is a partnership between the Boys & Girls Clubs in Orange County, the Angels and Major League Baseball. Donations to the RBI league provide uniforms and equipment for all participants.
Tuesday, July 23rd is the Angels 4 ALS night. In continuing with baseball's longstanding commitment to ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) awareness, the Angels will honor the courage and strength of all those battling "Lou Gehrig's Disease". In support of the fight against ALS, the Angels will donate 200 tickets to the game to the Muscular Dystrophy Association for ALS patients and their families. Prior to the game, the Angels Wives and the Anaheim Fire Department will present a check to the representatives from the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Orange County from the "Fill the Boot" fundraiser that will be held on July 20th.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.