3/28/2014 11:12 P.M. ET
Mike Trout agrees to terms on six-year contract extension
Media session to take place Saturday (3/29) on main stage during 'Fiesta Angels'
By / MLB.com
WHO: All-Star Mike Trout and family. Also on hand will be Arte & Carole Moreno,
GM Jerry Dipoto and Manager Mike Scioscia.
WHAT: Media gathering to announce contract extension to media and fans. Event will
take place at approx. 1:30 p.m. during 'Fiesta Angels' (1-5 p.m.) in the Angel
Stadium parking lot (south State College lot). A riser platform will be provided
for television cameras.
WHEN: Saturday, March 29th, 2014 at approx. 1:30 p.m. on the main stage at 'Fiesta
**Media encouraged to arrive early to secure positioning**
**Fans welcome to attend**
- Two-time All-Star and 2012 A.L. Rookie of the Year enters the 2014 campaign batting .314 (399/1271) with 72 doubles, 17 triples, 62 home runs, 196 RBI and 86 stolen bases in 336 career games.
- After batting .326 in 2012 and .323 in 2013, became just the sixth qualified batter since 1900 to hit at least .320 in both his age-20 and age-21 seasons, joining Ty Cobb (1907-08), Stuffy McInnis (1911-12), Jimmie Foxx (1928-29), Mel Ott (1929-30) and Ted Williams (1939-40).
- Is one of four players all-time to bat .320 with 50 home runs and 200 runs scored in first two full seasons: Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams and Albert Pujols.
- For the second straight season, led the Majors in WAR (Wins Above Replacement)...By Fangraphs WAR, his 10.4 WAR in 2013 and his 10.0 WAR 2012 make him the eighth player in MLB history to post 10 WAR in back-to-back seasons, joining Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Rogers Hornsby, Ted Williams, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays and Barry Bonds
- Joined Willie Mays (1957-58) as the only players in MLB history with two seasons of a .320 average, 25 homers and 30 steals at any point in their career.
- Named unanimous winner of the 2012 American League Rookie of Year after batting .326 (182/559) with a Major League leading 129 runs scored, 30 home runs, 83 RBI and 49 stolen bases...Became first player in Major League history to steal 45 bases, score 125 runs and hit 30 home runs in a single season.
- Named the Angels team MVP each of the last two seasons... Elected as a 2012 and 2013 American League All-Star, starting the 2013 contest at Citi Field (NYM).
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.